Friday, January 30, 2009

ME, MYSELF & I

Ahhhhh! Friday. The day of the week when I gather myself, get to recharge and refresh my energies, and get ready for the weekend. It's a stress-free day and no need to worry about schedules and routines. It's the day of the week when I just pretty much sit and relax, or cook and eat. It's a day for subdued sanity.

Sanity is when you are able to sit down and convince all your multiple personalities, imaginary friends and different voices in your head to work as one, or at least, be a team-player. On Fridays, that's what we do. :) Me, myself and I take turns in leading the rowdy bunch.

O.K, no need to get alarmed, guys. Am not going psycho. I am just trying to make a simple metaphoric point here. I do get my moods. Yesterday, I was my usual self until I went to the gym and got pissed off by few people at the gym, but after dinner, I was relaxed, calm and collected. It's not like am the only one who goes through mood swings. I think old age does that too you, the menopausal phase. It is amazing how we have the ability to switch moods as easily as pushing buttons. I remember the day when I was working as a Customer Service Clerk that no matter how fucked up my day was going, I would always have the ready smile and pleasant disposition to greet and help customers. I would be so in tuned with the business at hand but subconsciously, I was cursing somebody and wishing he/she was dead.

I've gotten so good with switching moods and characters that sometimes I thought I should've been an actor. I would never get famous, but it's just a thought, so please humor me. When the going gets a little tougher and the tough gets going, I get on YouTube and watch funny clips. And I want to share one particular clip with you guys. So, the next time you get in the same predicament of boredom, pissdom, angrydom and all those negative -doms or just when your day is not just going your way or would want and plan it to be, I suggest you check this clip:

Now, tell me, was it funny? Not that I am capitalizing on other people's misfortunes, but i'd rather laugh with their awkward moments and realize that some people could have it worse and that their misfortunes were not bad at all because they made somebody else's time, day or even few minutes worth its while with a quick burst of laughter, and how that quick burst of laughter can make a difference to a man's disposition and demeanor. And, life goes on!

WORHTLESS RAMBLING OF THE DAY: I was watching all the international satellite news on tv today and all their headlines included footages of the Turkish Prime Minister storming off the stage during the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switizerland. On the panel were the Turkish PM, Israel's President, the UN Secretary General (a Korean) and the Arab League's Secretary General. Am not a very political person because I do not know, well, I don't really understand the mechanics of world politics, let alone local politics. Anyway, what prompted the Turkish PM to stand and walk out of the debate was because he was offended that the audience "applauded" the Israel's President's comment on Gaza issues and that the moderator, an American of Jewish descent, did not give him the floor to respond and rebut President Peres' statements. What started as a very polite, proper and civil discussion ended up in a heated, finger-pointing and face-saving circus. Now, if they only showed on the overhead screen the YouTube clip that I watch whenever I get pissy, or if they had the Korean guy from the YouTube clip on the same panel, things could've have been different, and this  world would be a better place for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment