Monday, January 26, 2009

FOREWORD


Today, 26 January 2006, is the beginning of the Chinese New Year. I did some quick readings and the Chinese philosophers associate the Year of the Ox with domestic troubles, never ending problems that are encountered on the home front with seemingly no solutions. The year ahead of us, according to philosophers, will be one in which success will escape without a sustained, mindful effort. That is quite scary to start a year with something somewhat negative like that. I would've preferred a positive forecast, then slowly and painlessly exposed me to what is uncertain and troubling. I think that is one of the reasons why I don't go to fortune tellers, nor do I believe in them. The Ox year brings success only through discipline and through hard work. The grounded, rational, earth influence of the Ox may bring good fortune to troubled economic times but only with a sustained, well planned effort. The Ox year needs discipline and it is not the time for unruly behaviour or taking short cuts. In this year, success is achieved solely through hard work. So what will 2009 hold for us? well, prosperity is possible only if we are resolute, enduring, motivated by patience, focused and genuine. But then again, those values and characters are what we need regardless of what Chinese Year we are in.

With those aforementioned values as my walking orders, I resolve to start this blog today. New year, new start, new blog. I just hope I can have the fortitude and resolute to religiously journalize "what my day was like and how my day has been", to write down my thoughts, even the most inner ones, on a daily basis no matter how short, incoherent and senseless they may be. I know I have the motivation, but am not certain if I would have the rigorous daily drive to actually do it. Ahhh,I really need to be genuinely focused!

Right now, my initial intent is to blog an hour before I hit the sack. I hope the sack won't hit me before my intention kicks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment